Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I feel good.

So over the past few days, I've been doing some soul searching, trying to understand why I do what I do, and if I'm doing it for the right reasons. I've come to the conclusion that I've been put here to do special things for people, to be an encouragement to others, all the while lifting up the name of God. In order to do that, I realized I had to be true to myself, and to the ones I love, and love me back. And so I did.

There's no feeling like acceptance from your loved ones, and those I call friends prove that to me everyday. Especially recently. I revealed a "me" that most of them had no idea about, and now they do, and it's as though nothing ever happened, not in the sense that they're ignoring that aspect of me, rather, they're simply not letting it get in the way of our friendship and growth.

To that end I feel good. To have the love and support of loved ones is a great feeling.

At the same time, even if our loved ones don't support every decision we make in our lives, whether or not it affects them directly, we must always remain true to ourselves, keeping in mind that no one can love you better than you. True self love is irreplacable. Love yourself, and be true to yourself lovies, that's the moral for today's story.

This has been Collegeguy.

No comments:

Post a Comment