Friday, February 27, 2009

The many faces of Skiing.

Ever been skiing? I have. It's one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced in my entire life. It was awesome.

On my way to the ski rink, I was a bit nervous, a million thoughts were racing through my head, what if I fall and hurt myself? What if I end up, somehow off of the ramp, into some ditch somewhere and die? What if one of my skis comes loose and I break a leg..all semi irrational, but hey..I was nervous. So I arrive, and I look around, and I see all the babies skiing, some alone, some with their parents, and I'm like well ok Amad, if they can do it, then by George so can you.

Gave myself a little pep talk, said a nice prayer, and all was well. My first attempt was ok, not very impressive, but it was ok, but by the end of the day, oh my..I was indeed THE best skier that had ever lived. Well maybe not THE best,but I was pretty good.

I never realized just how liberating it would be. I felt like a different person when I left the ski rink. I had done something I was afraid to do, and while I was up there I had a lot of time to think about stuff, different things that have been bothering me lately. It was indeed, truly amazing.

I recommend that all people should go skiing at least once in their lifetime, you'll have a blast.


This has been Collegeguy.

No comments:

Post a Comment