Sunday, December 28, 2008

If love is the answer, can someone please ask me the question?

Isn't it funny how love can just slap you in the face, and say here I am, and then just as abruptly, leave you standing in the cold?

Love is a word that people often throw around, not knowing what it really means to love someone. As I sat in church this morning, and listened to the message being proclaimed, I reflected on my weekend, what happened, what didn't happen, what was said, and what wasn't said...and in the midst of that, the good Deacon spoke about love amongs husbands and wives, parents and children, and people in general. Wives he said (paraphrasing of course) you are to be submissive to your husbands, husbands you are to love your wives as Jesus loves the church. We hear these words all the time, but do we actually know what they mean? To be submissive means to be obedient, compliant, dutiful, if you please, this is what wives should be to, and for their husbands...this is not to say that if the man tells you to jump off a bridge you should, all this is saying is that we ought to obey, honor and trust our husbands, as this is God's will. The husbands are instructed to love their wives as Jesus loves the Church. That's deep. Jesus loved the church soo much, that he gave his LIFE for it. Husbands should be prepared then, to do whatever for their wives, for when the two were born they were seperate entities, but in Holy Matrimony, they are one in Jesus Christ.

I say that to say this, when we use the word love, it is imperative that we use it in the right context, with the right person(s) and only when we really, truly, sincerely mean it, and not to gain browny points, that is not the way to go. LOVE is a beautiful thing once given and recieved the right way...I long for the kind of love sang about in songs like Jennifer Hudson's "If this isn't love" and Kelly Price's "Strong Man", but to rush it, would not do me justice at all, until I find that love, I'll just love myself, because after all, there's no one that can love me better.

Some worry about me, some ask why, perhaps that's how they show their love, but if you love me, then understand why.


This has been Collegeguy...

No comments:

Post a Comment