Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Beginnings

Ok, so it's January 1st, 2009, a year filled with promise and opportunity. As I look back on the year that has passed, I think to myself, my oh my, how time flies. It seems like only yesterday, I was saying Welcome 2008, now it's time to welcome 2009.

My prayer for myself, and for all those that may come into contact with this particular entry, is true happiness, prosperity, and joy in the Lord. I pray for guidance and protection, I pray for blessings and mercy, I pray for strength and wisdom, I pray for the willingness to learn new things, and the patience to deal with difficult things, I pray for good health, I pray for sanity, I pray that the Lord will continue to smile and shine upon me and my family. I pray especially for my friends travelling to their respective institutions on Sunday, Lord, let your blessings fall upon us all, keep us Lord, strengthen us, and keep us safe from all harm and danger. Help us to realize that the opportunities given to us thus far, are merely stepping stones, that will pale in comparison to those that are to come. I ask you Lord to walk with us as we venture into foreign teritory, let your footsteps lead the way. Bless us Lord. For those you have sent into our lives to bestow these blessings on us, blessings and happiness be theirs as well, strengthen them Lord so that they are able to continue to be inspirations to many. Help them to understand just how important they are, bless their families, friends and other loved ones, keep them Lord, safe from all harm and danger. I ask for his forgiveness for those times that I've fallen short, and I pray for humility, that I may be like Him in word, thought and action. Last of all, I pray for Jesus, that He may continue to find in me the humble servant that I so diligently try to be, I pray that he never loses faith in me, even when I "fall off". I ask these things in your most holy name,

Amen.


2009 is here, ready or not. Trust in God, and always know that it is through him and with him, that all things are possible. Happiness and blessings be yours this year.

This has been Collegeguy.

No comments:

Post a Comment