Thursday, December 25, 2008

Should I be upset?

Today was not a good day at all. Wait, maybe it was. Some parts of it were. Today was family dinner day, as is every christmas day. We meet at another relative's house and eat. Now EVERYONE in my family knows that I ONLY eat chicken, this is not something that they have to figure out, or guess about...they know this, strangers know this. So to ensure that I ate today, I asked the question...will there be chicken at the feast today? Two people said no, so I said fine, I will go and get my chicken, and let my mother cook it for me, that seemed to be a fine suggestion...before leaving however, Timmy (my mother) assured me that all was well, and that chicken would be at the feast, I asked her, "are you sure lovey?" she said, "that's what they told me" I said fine, we will just go home now and prepare for the feast to be had. In the back of my mind though, something is telling me ya know what Ahmad, get the chicken...but I say no no, chicken will be there...Why the hell when I reach there, ain no chicken on the damn buffet table shit...? PISSED is what I was and kinda still am. Why would you say there will be chicken, if you know ain none ga be there...I was PISSED. But a friend has encouraged me to relax these days for a change, and so I didn't react, I simply left. Because if I had stayed, I would've said some hurtful things...what made it worse though, was ttat everyone's now asking me, what are you going to eat...if you cared so damn much, chicken would be on the buffet table...but alas, I digress...I went for a little drive, just to clear my head...

When my mother arrived, and found out what had happened, she too was pissed, and made a comment that I would've made regularly, but didn't....she too saw how shitty and unecessary a situation it was. She was tempted to leave, but for my father and siblings she stayed.

Anyway, that was my day, it's done now, and I look forward to Junkanoo in a few hours, to take my mind off it all.

This has been Collegguy.

1 comment:

  1. Awww *hug* that's family for you boy... but tomorrow is always another day, and I have good news: VALLEY totally owned!!! :P

    ReplyDelete