Friday, December 26, 2008

It's amazing...

It's amazing how day after day, we wake up, go about our days doing what we want to do, when we want to do it, and how we want it to be done, making plans, taking small things for granted, and then in an instant, life could go a completely different way.

In an earlier post, I ranted and raved about not having chicken to eat, when I'm more than 100% certain, that some poor child didn't make it to see this day. It's funny how God has his subtle way of bringing us back down to earth. I asked for His forgiveness today, because I realized what I had done.

Back to the going about our days, making plans etc. What is also amazing is that we can make as many plans as we desire, but God's plan will be the one to prevail. My dad left home tonight excited about Junkanoo, he planned to go on Bay Street and wow the crowd, introducing them to all things Chinese, but God saw differently. My mother and I planned to join him and the other thousands of Bahamians as well, but God saw differently.

His plan was to remind me and whomever else needed a little reality check that life is indeed short, and rather than complaining about trivial things, we should always always always give thanks for all that we have.

My dad was in an accident tonight, nothing too serious, but it could've been. He could've been way more severely hurt, but that wasn't God's plan. His message is clear, today you made noise about not having something to eat, tomorrow you could've been fatherless. Get the picture? I do...in times when we believe that life isn't going our way, we must realize that someone, somewhere, has it waaay worse than we do. We have to learn to say thank you, rather than complaining all the time, when we can appreciate the small things in life, the big things will come soo much easier.

Tonight I could've lost my father, but I didn't, and for that I'm thankful. What else could we almost lose, before we get the picture?


This has been Collegeguy.

1 comment:

  1. In life we hardly ever know what we have until we lose it, and so it's important to live each day as if it's your last. Worry... no more! Always be tolerant and open to new experiences and never, ever regret anything that was done, because everything happens for a reason. Sorry about your dad, but I'm glad you saw the best out of the situation.

    ReplyDelete