Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Life.

I think Forest Gump said it best: "life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know which one you're gonna get" (if that quote is incorrect, forgive me).

Life has its way of doing what it wants to, whenever it wants to and expecting us to deal with it. Sometimes we pretend as though things don't affect us, or that they don't mean as much, when deep inside we know they do.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that everything happens for a reason, nothing happens "just because".

I've been sent to Canada. That is fact. No one knows why I was chosen, no one knows how I was chosen, well at least I don't know, and at this point, I could honestly careless, I'm here. At first thought one would think well the only advantage of this experience would be the first hand experience of obtaining an education in a University setting, well, I would agree. That seems obvious. But remember, life has it's way of doing what it wants to, when it wants to.

My time spent in Canada will yield many new things about myself I'm sure, bring to light a few minor imperfections, and polish up on areas that need polishing up, no matter how I look at it, I'll return a different person.

Before I left home, I was in a different place emotionally, I didn't know where I wanted to be, who I wanted to be, or anything, I wasn't completely lost, but my vision was a bit cloudy. That is not to say that I've been "found" if you will, but I'm finding myself as time elapses. There's a saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder". As it stands, I'm absent from a lot of things, from my job, from friends, family, and others that I've grown to love, I miss them all, but each in a different way, and some not so much. Absence can make the heart grow something, but it's not necessarily always going to be fonder.

Maturity happens all the time, growth happens everyday, I'm maturing, and I'm growing. Sometimes in life we outgrow certain people, and certain aspects of our lives, this doesn't necessarily mean that we don't love or care for these things, but we've just simply outgrown them, they don't meet the same needs they once did, and so we move on.

I'm happy to say that I'm moving on, there are things in life that I've just outgrown, as simple as that. Think no differently of me though, as you may sense a change in demeanor or disposition, be assured that all is well, I'm just shedding skin, turning over a new leaf, Jennifer Holliday says in a song "Look at me, look-at-me; I am changing, trying every way I can". Take a good look, fore I am changing.

Change doesn't come easy, but when we change for the better, life becomes just that.

I am Changing.


This has been Collegeguy.

2 comments:

  1. Good to grow & shed skin - I knew you were reptilian

    Happy that this experience is going well for you. And moreover hope that you won't regress when you get back

    Happy that you one of the chosen ones who were sent to Canada to be enlightened - so yes keep the light on when you get back.

    It's interesting that going from warm and sunny to cold and gloomy brings out the light in us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, in life we do outgrow certain people, and as I've said before, everyone is in your life for a season, some for 5 minutes and others for a lifetime. Either which way when the time is up, it takes a mature person to realize it , let it go, and move on. I'm glad that you are changing in a good way. Good luck on your quest and I love your ending "when we change for the better, life becomes just that," that is so true.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete